Some of the key objectives of KBRA are:
- To represent the interests of mountain bikers and promote the many positive aspects of the sport.
- To develop a sanctioned trail system in Kamloops and surrounding area to provide opportunities for mountain biking in a safe and easily accessible manner.
- To limit the environmental impacts and negative public perceptions of illegal trail building by drawing the builders to designated areas where their actions are legal and sustainable.
- To promote the health and fitness, social, economic, and environmental benefits of mountain biking in the community.
- To work with the Provincial Government in developing management agreements on popular trail systems outside the city limits to ensure safety, mitigate environmental impacts and ensure ongoing access and use of trail systems.