Call out for new Board Members!
Want to get more involved in the Kamloops cycling community? The KBRA board is currently looking for keen new board members to fill vacant positions for the 2018 season. We ask that all nominations or expressions of interested be submitted by November 1st, 2017 via e-mail: email@example.com.
KBRA Executive Roles & Responsibilities: kbra board roles
KBRA & Kamloops
Mountain biking is one of the most popular recreational and competitive activities in Kamloops.
Kamloops can always boast of a ton of riding opportunities for all genres and disciplines, and you’re guaranteed to find something to enjoy in and around the ‘Loops. Flip through a bike magazine or watch some of the major mountain biking movies, and you’ll often see a Kamloops film segment or one of our many pro riders hitting some massive booter jump into nothingness with a backlight of golden hues and suspended dust. If it’s more like solo peace and quiet, and cleats sweat and gears that you’re after then our hundreds of KM’s of singletrack won’t disappoint.
KBRA - We are Kamloops mountain bikers motivated to bring you a wealth of diverse sanctioned trails and community events to enjoy.
Our mission as Kamloops Mountain Bike Riders Association is:
- To represent the interests of mountain bikers and promote the many positive aspects of the sport.
- To develop a sanctioned trail system in Kamloops and surrounding area to provide opportunities for mountain biking in a safe and easily accessible manner.
- To promote the health and fitness, social, economic, and environmental benefits of mountain biking in the community.
- To work with the Provincial Government in developing management agreements on popular trail systems outside the city limits to ensure safety, mitigate environmental impacts and ensure ongoing access and use of trail systems.
- To provide local events to unite the cycling community.
- To ensure accountable to membership through regular and meaningful two-way communications
- To ensure that members have fun.
- To encourage younger riders to participate in the membership.
- To position on actions align with our stakeholders and decision makers and support the fostering of collaborative relationships.
Board of Directors
The executive of the board will oversee all activities to ensure consistency, completion and alignment of projects with organizational goals.
The board of directors will be responsible for contributing towards projects and are encouraged to champion items under the executive’s portfolios and are encouraged to be key stakeholders in the community.
Committees are created and carried out by community champions wishing to drive forward mountain biking initiatives in the community and to support the projects of the KBRA Board.
- Membership - T-shirts, stickers, membership packages & membership database, Events
- Communication - Bi-monthly newsletter, Facebook Posts
- Fundraising - Seek and apply for grants & funding
- Events - Event preparation & execution
- Lac Du Bois - Completion of project
- Stake Lake - Trail building & completion of project
- Group Ride Leaders - Lead KBRA rides
Catharine is a Professional Mountain Bike Racer that has called Kamloops home since 2006. As President she looks forward to assisting the KBRA to bring more sanctioned trails and mtb community events to Kamloops.
Favourite local trail: Mine (Pineview)
What she rides: XC, Enduro, cross, road and a little jumping
An avid trail runner, Grace's love for trails began with mountain biking. As the co-founder of the Dirty Feet Trail Series she brings community events to the trails in the Okanagan area, creating a fun enjoyable atmosphere for all. You can find Grace on the trails almost everyday either riding or running with her husband, Phil and dog, Pickles.
KBRA Vice President
Ashley relocated to Kamloops in the fall and has since discovered/been very impressed with the extensive trail network the area has to offer. She is always up for a rad time, particularly into a good climb and just looking forward to the 2017 season with the KBRA!
What she rides: XC, Road...and occasionally a swing bike
Michelle Davies grew up in the North Shuswap and studies Sport Event and Tourism Management at Thompson Rivers University. In 2015, a few weeks before moving to Switzerland to study abroad, she bought a mountain bike and fell in love with riding on the trails of the Swiss Alps. Upon returning to BC in August 2016, she has been rediscovering her home of Kamloops, thanks to her bike. Fresh air, a solid challenge and a cold IPA fuel her love for adventure and the opportunity to get outside and try something new.
Graham is a fairly recent Kamloops transplant who is still discovering all the riding this city has to offer. When he’s not at his desk you will typically find him out on a trail losing his battle with Strava. Graham is very interested in growing the KBRA’s presence in Kamloops while promoting trail maintenance and development.
Favourite local trail: Blaze on The Hillside or Nates
What he rides: (Very much) untimed climbs and timed descents
KBRA Community Initiatives
Ted is the in house wheelie master, he also happens to be a mountain bike guide, instructor and the Event Director for the BC Enduro Series and Canadian National Enduro Series. As Secretary, Ted aims to keep the wheels rolling by creating and enhancing community partnerships for all lovers of mountain bikes. He loves exploring new trails, and getting lost on his bike.
Favourite local trail: Trois Pistoles, Sheppards Trail or Wrangler. Depends on my mood!
What he rides: All mountain, BMX. "You can't frown, when you're goin' down"
KBRA Ride Leader
KBRA Trail Builder
Paul Berry, A long time resident of Kamloops. Loves adventures and very long rides! Started mountain biking in 1983 and yes that is a long time ... Has had his hand in several trail projects over the years, including Stake lake and Batchelor. Continues with the KBRA to further enhance mountain biking in the area.
KBRA Trail Builder